Saturday, August 28, 2010

Visa For Mauritians Travelling To India

Places - questionable attitude

Facebook Places (derstandard.at article on: Facebook Places reveals where, when and with whom it is composed ) seems now to be released outside the United States, including Austria.

When you visit Facebook you can see them but at first glance to anything.
That's not really bad. Concern is that the default of privacy - as always and everywhere on Facebook - can reveal everything that is humanly possible.

The - in my view - precarious setting affects the possibility to announce that friends can find you happen to be. And without even unaware of it.
I think a more detailed reason why I think this attitude is extremely questionable is redundant.

I urge them to change, at least in this setting.

This is chosen in the top right of your profile under " account" the " privacy settings "


Under " content on Facebook Share " " Custom (if not already selected) and below" Custom Settings "


Under" things that I share " the setting " me in the" people who are here now "'s section after I have indicated, where I am " set to your preference.

The main setting is under " things that other people share " find " friends can specify that I am at a place "


Please spread the word!

0 comments:

Post a Comment